Live & Interactive via ZOOM - EBCT
This one day workshop will explore the implementation of evidence-based approaches such as Gottman Method Couples Therapy and Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy to assist distressed couples. The workshop will include approaches to assessment, formulation, treatment planning and intervention. Strategies to manage emotional escalation, negative interaction patterns, emotional withdrawal and loss of intimacy will be explored.
This training will incorporate didactic presentation, group discussion, video review and Q & A.
Outline of the Day
- Overview of couples research
- Introduction to Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Introduction to Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy
- Couple assessment
- Identifying the interaction patterns
- Formulation and Treatment planning
- De-escalating conflict
- Building friendship and intimacy
- Deepening shared meaning
- Relapse prevention
The effectiveness of the workshop will be evaluated through the use of a knowledge questionnaire and a course evaluation completed by each participant.
CPD: This training is eligible for 6.5 hours of CPD points.
Please read our cancellation policy