Level 2 - Assessment, Interventions and Co-morbidities
Continue your Gottman training journey with Advanced Gottman Clinical Trainers, Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan. Relationship Institute Australasia is one of the leading agencies in Australia in Gottman training and therapist certification. Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples! Level 2 Training will expand your assessment strategies and intervention techniques. This is the next step toward certification and designation as a Certified Gottman Therapist. At the completion of Level 2 Training, you should have the clinical familiarity, knowledge, and resources to integrate Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions into your clinical work with growing confidence.
Building on what you learned in the Level 1 Training - you will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions.
Professional Development & Practical Immersion:
Take part in interactive presentations.
Practice using Gottman Interventions in group role-plays; Receive personalized, supportive coaching
View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world.
Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
Engage in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Couples Therapy.
Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
Who is this workshop for? Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
After the workshop you will complete a quiz to gain your official Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Training Certificate as well as a CPD certificate of 20 hours.
Relationship Institute Australasia is one of the leading agencies in Australia in Gottman training and therapist certification.
We are committed in ensuring access to high quality learning and supports for all therapists engaged in our programs.
When you register at Relationship Institute Australasia, you also join the growing number of practicing Gottman Therapists in this country to support your ongoing development and learning.
At RIA we are absolutely committed to building a strong Gottman Therapist community in Australasia; building respectful, kind and gentle relationships - one couple at a time.
So, in addition to attending our training, we offer the following supports to our participants.
- Free RIA Therapist Facebook page that offers excellent support for all aspects of couples therapy practice.
This private Facebook group provides access to timely advice and experience from over 550 Gottman Relationship therapists. Any practice questions or dilemmas are welcomed in this amazingly supportive and positive group.
- Opportunity to join the RIA’s therapist database to enhance your exposure and promote your services and increase your couple referrals. For a small annual subscription fee your practice and services are promoted to thousands of professions and couples across Australasia.
- Access to supervision from Trish and John or from several other brilliant Certified Gottman therapists in Australia to support your professional learning.
- Opportunity to continue your Gottman journey though Level 1, 2, 3 and the Certification Track with John and Trish, Australia’s only Gottman Level 3 Trainers and Consultants
Trish is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years experience of working with couples in a range of clinical and non-clinical settings, Trish brings a wealth of experience working with complex couples struggling with trauma, mood disorders, personality vulnerabilities, anger management issues, affair recovery and alcohol use. She is also an experienced clinical supervisor and assessor for the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority.
John is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. John was the first and only Social Worker in Australia to become a Certified Gottman Therapist, Master Trainer and Consultant. John is trained to provide therapy to individuals, couples and groups in a range of therapeutic approaches and has a Masters in Gestalt Therapy. John is highly experienced in working with couples and individuals in a range of therapeutic settings particularly in the areas of trauma, trauma, stress, depression, and anxiety.
Workshop timings: 8.30am - 4.30pm each day (NSW Time)
You will also receive: Online lifetime access to all the training videos and a downloadable pdf version of the 300+ page training manual valued at $USD 375 (approx $510AUD)
CPD: This training is eligible for 20 hours of CPD points.
ORDERING INFORMATION - When you wish to register, click on the green REGISTER NOW button and fill in all the details. Please only click on this ONCE and wait until you recieve your order confirmation email - as pressing it multiple times may result in multiple registrations. If you are unsure if your registration has gone through - simply email me at [email protected] and I will check for you straight away 😊
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Kylie-Jo by either phone or email.