A fun, downloadable Video Workshop for every parent or parent to be.
Bringing Baby Home™ (BBH) is a research based and evaluated program for new parents experiencing the transition to parenthood. Developed by the relationship masters Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman and Dr. John Gottman, one of the world’s leading research scientists on marriage, relationships and families, it is designed for expecting parents and new parents alike. It is a fun, relaxed and informative downloadable video workshop - that will teach you skills that will last a lifetime!
Did you know that a staggering 67% of all couples experiencing the transition to parenthood will see the first signs of relationship unhappiness at the 6-month stage after bringing a baby home for women, and the 9-month stage for men! This is so hard to comprehend, when that time of your life should be filled with wonder, happiness & hope – not conflict, despair & disintegration!
The Gottman ‘Bringing Baby Home’ Program was developed through 16 separate studies on new parents bringing their first baby home!
It has been supporting couples for nearly 20 years in over 15 countries worldwide!
Bringing a new baby home is physically and emotionally one of the most significant events that can happen in a couple's lifetime - the transition from being a ‘WE’ to becoming a ‘3’. Presented by Kylie Jo Elliott - Bringing Baby Home introduces you to a range of evidence-based tools, strategies and concepts to help you maintain a stable, close, and loving relationship.
We see pictures of ‘loved up’ new parents smiling at their new baby – holding hands as the 3 of them stroll through parks – beaming happy faces of untold love and joy. And while all these fabulous things can, and do, happen, often the reality of bringing a new baby home can also bring confusion, fear, uncertainty, and for as many as 69% ... a significant relationship decline between the new Mum and Dad! 69%!!! That is 7 out of 10 couples. So first thing to understand here – YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
BBH firstly teaches couples how to strengthen their friendship, increase intimacy and regulate conflict, and when Mum and Dad’s relationship is STRONG, baby's new life is much stronger, healthier and happier.
In addition to focussing on a great ‘Mum – Dad’ relationship, couples also learn about child development, how to co-parent with their partner, and discover ways to keep both parents involved.
In the Bringing Baby Home Video Workshop™ you will:
Learn how to stay connected to your partner during the transition from being a couple to being a family.
Learn how to cope with the changes brought about by bringing your baby home.
Learn how to promote the development of a healthier baby and help them in their emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
Learn how to deal with the “baby blues” and decrease the chance of postpartum depression. Both for Mum & Dad!
Learn valuable insights from a research-based and research-tested program.
WHO IS IT FOR?
BBH is for pregnant couples, new parents & families with young children.
This may be the most important 10 hours you will ever spend in the preparation of bringing your baby home. Even if you already have a little bundle of joy at home ... or a couple of them ... this is for you. What you will learn will change your life!
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE?
Once you purchase, we send you links to the 14 x videos that you can start watching straight away.
We will also provide you with the online material to follow along with the videos.
Video 1 Overview – Fun-filled introduction & overview
– What happens to relationships when bringing a baby home?
– How your relationship as a couple can affect a baby’s development?
– How you can be in the top 33% of relationship MASTERS?
Video 2 Overview – How well do you REALLY know each other?
– How to stay interested in each other when the baby always wants centre stage?
– Learn how to ask more than ‘yes-no’ questions of each other
– Learn how to read baby’s non-verbal cues
Video 3 Overview – The major DO’s & DON’Ts of a relationship!
– Showing fondness & admiration for each other every day
– What are the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse & how do they predict divorce with 94% accuracy
– Learn how to eliminate Criticism, Defensiveness, Contempt & Stonewalling
Video 4 Overview – The EMOTIONAL BANK ACCOUNT!
– What is a bid for attention & affection and why are they SO important to respond to??
– Learn when your baby is making a bid for attention or affection
– What is an ‘over-stimulated baby’ & how can you fix it?
Video 5 Overview – APPRECIATION & why we want it so badly!
– How to make sure you do not take your partner for granted
– Learn how to express appreciation naturally
– Discover how to play with your baby in a collaborative way, not a competitive way
Video 6 Overview – A MOST important 20 minutes of the day!
– What is a Stress-Reducing Conversation?
– When to listen and when to give advice
– Why this can save marriages?
Video 7 Overview – FEELING FLOODED!
– What happens when we become overwhelmed with our emotions?
– Is it OK to fight and argue in front of your baby?
– What are the effects of a troubled relationship on your baby?
Video 8 Overview – Problem Solving (Part 1)
– Is conflict normal?
– What are the warning signs of a relationship meltdown?
– Can you solve EVERY problem in your relationship?
Video 9 Overview – Problem Solving (Part 2)
– What are the 4 steps to solving a problem in your relationship?
– Is there really 2 sides to every story?
– How the first 30 seconds of an discussion can determine the outcome
Video 10 Overview – The MOTHER / FATHER roles!
– How do you want to be the same OR different from your own parents?
– What kind of parent do YOU want to be to your baby?
– What rituals would you each like to bring to the table from your own upbringing?
Video 11 Overview – The BABY BLUES and BEYOND!
– How to arm yourselves against the baby blues!
– The difference between the baby blues & post-partum disorder
– The STILL FACE experiment!
Video 12 Overview – Truly connecting with your baby!
– Is the Parent / Child connection naturally occurring?
– Factors that affect how you connect with your baby
– What is emotion coaching and how will it help your baby?
Video 13 Overview – SEX & INTIMACY!!!
– What do women think about sex AFTER having a baby?
– What do men think about sex AFTER having a baby?
– How can we meet in the middle & save the relationship?
Video 14 Overview – How to create a SHARED MEANING?
– What are your family values?
– What if they differ from your partners?
– Which ones do you incorporate into YOUR family?
Each video chapter has been designed in a ‘bite-sized’ chunk for you both to watch together and then you stop the video to do a fun exercise to reinforce the message.
You will learn more about each other during this time which will truly strengthen your friendship and relationship during this time while you transition to parenthood.
For more information - please email email@example.com