Consultation & Video Review
The Certification Track is the final step in the process of Gottman Method Couples Therapy clinical training and results in certification as a Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT). The Certification Track entails Consultation with a Senior Certified Gottman Therapist and Video Review.
Prerequisites for the Certification Track for Australian Therapists:
Completion of Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Training
A minimum of 1000 hours of documented postgraduate therapy experience
Proof of Membership in one of the following organization:
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP)
- Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Mental Health Accreditation with The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Level 4 membership of the Australian Counseling Association (ACA)
- Clinical membership of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychotherapy (ANZAP) Clinical Membership
- Endorsement as a psychiatric nurse practitioner by the Nursing;
- Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- Malpractice Insurance (1M/3M)
An assigned Gottman Consultant will guide you in applying Gottman Method Couples Therapy with couples in your practice. There will be ample opportunity to ask questions and receive input about all phases of working with couples, from assessment and treatment planning, through selecting and implementing appropriate interventions for each client’s unique needs.
- Consultants are assigned after the Level 3 Practicum
- Consultation usually takes place via ZOOM
- A minimum of eight hours of individual consultation or twelve hours of group consultation is needed to complete certification requirements, but the Consultant may determine that more consultation is necessary in order for a Consultee to meet Certification requirements
- The Consultant must review 4 video segments during Consultation
- Fees for Consultation are additional and will be paid directly to your Consultant
- There are no continuing education hours available for Consultation
- There is a one-time administrative fee of $675.00USD payable to The Gottman Institute when you enter the Certification Track.
- Consultation Fees (payable to your consultant) will vary depending on the number of sessions you require and the modality (individual or group consultation).
- Individual Consultation, 60 minutes minimum of 8 sessions (see consultant for price)
- Group Consultation, 60 minutes minimum of 12 sessions (see consultant for price)