Bridging the Couple Chasm - A research based approach
This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions. The workshop will be facilitated by Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan who are both Certified Gottman Marital Therapists, Master Trainers, and Consultants. Trish is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years experience of working with couples in a range of clinical and non-clinical settings, Trish brings a wealth of experience working with complex couples struggling with trauma, mood disorders, personality vulnerabilities, anger management issues, affair recovery and alcohol use. She is also an experienced clinical supervisor and assessor for the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority. John is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. John was the first and only Social Worker in Australia to become a Certified Gottman Therapist, Master Trainer and Consultant. John is trained to provide therapy to individuals, couples and groups in a range of therapeutic approaches and has a Masters in Gestalt Therapy. John is highly experienced in working with couples and individuals in a range of therapeutic settings particularly in the areas of trauma, trauma, stress, depression, and anxiety.
For exact dates, venues & fees - please click on a location to the right.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL TRAININGS OUTSIDE OF QUEENSLAND ARE BEING OFFERED AS LIVE, ONLINE EVENTS ONLY, FOR THE TIME BEING.
ALL PARTICIPANTS IN ONLINE TRAINING WILL RECEIVE PERMANENT ACCESS TO THE TRAINING VIDEOS AND A DIGITAL COPY OF THE TRAINING MANUAL VALUED AT $249 USD, AT NO EXTRA COST.
As a result of taking this Training you, you will learn:
- How couples really sustain their marriages–in contrast to common myths and misconceptions.
- How the quality of relationships affects the immune system, physical health and well-being.
- How marital problems change over time but never go away–even in happy couples.
- Proven strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues
- Approaches for multiple presenting co-morbidities including incest, the effects of poverty, PTSD and infidelity
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
You will receive: A 300-page Manual featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions that you can use immediately with your clients.
CPD: This training is eligible for 12 hours of CPD points.
Who is this training for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
Workshop timings: 9am - 4.30 / 5pm both days
Please be sure to read our Cancellation Policy