Level 1 - Bridging the Couple Chasm
Train with Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan - Certified Gottman Therapists, Advanced Clinical Trainers & Gottman Institute Consultants. Relationship Institute Australasia is one of the lead agencies in Australia in Gottman training and therapist certification. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions.
Our practical, emotion-focused, and highly effective approach is based on Drs. John and Julie Gottman’s four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. It is the most extensive study ever done on marital stability and divorce prediction.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams based on the Sound Relationship House Theory.
You will learn research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict. You will gain skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values. You will gain tools to help couples process fights and heal their hurts, and techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse.
At the completion of this training, you will be able to:
- How couples really sustain their marriages–in contrast to common myths and misconceptions.
- How the quality of relationships affects the immune system, physical health and well-being.
- How marital problems change over time but never go away–even in happy couples.
- Proven strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues
- Approaches for multiple presenting co-morbidities including incest, the effects of poverty, PTSD and infidelity
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
After this workshop you will complete a quiz to gain your official Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate as well as a CPD certificate of 12 hours.
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
Relationship Institute Australasia is one of the leading agencies in Australia to offer Gottman training and therapist certification.
We are committed in ensuring access to high quality learning and supports for all therapists engaged in our programs.
When you register at Relationship Institute Australasia, you also join the growing number of practicing Gottman Therapists in this country to support your ongoing development and learning.
At RIA we are absolutely committed to building a strong Gottman Therapist community in Australasia; building respectful, kind and gentle relationships - one couple at a time.
So, in addition to attending our training, we offer the following supports to our participants.
- Free RIA Therapist Facebook page that offers excellent support for all aspects of couples therapy practice.
This private Facebook group provides access to timely advice and experience from over 550 Gottman Relationship therapists. Any practice questions or dilemmas are welcomed in this amazingly supportive and positive group.
- Opportunity to join the RIA’s therapist database to enhance your exposure and promote your services and increase your couple referrals. For a small annual subscription fee your practice and services are promoted to thousands of professions and couples across Australasia.
- Access to supervision from Trish and John or from several other brilliant Certified Gottman therapists in Australia to support your professional learning.
- Opportunity to continue your Gottman journey though Level 1, 2, 3 and the Certification Track
Trish is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years experience of working with couples in a range of clinical and non-clinical settings, Trish brings a wealth of experience working with complex couples struggling with trauma, mood disorders, personality vulnerabilities, anger management issues, affair recovery and alcohol use. She is also an experienced clinical supervisor and assessor for the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority.
John is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. John was the first and only Social Worker in Australia to become a Certified Gottman Therapist, Master Trainer and Consultant. John is trained to provide therapy to individuals, couples and groups in a range of therapeutic approaches and has a Masters in Gestalt Therapy. John is highly experienced in working with couples and individuals in a range of therapeutic settings particularly in the areas of trauma, trauma, stress, depression, and anxiety.
Workshop timings: 8.30am - 4.00pm (approx.) NSW TIME ZONE
In addition to your Live via ZOOM expereince - you will also receive: Online lifetime access to all the pre recorded training videos and a downloadable pdf version of the 300-page training manual valued at approx $400
CPD: This training is eligible for 12 hours of CPD points.
ORDERING INFORMATION - When you wish to register, click on the green REGISTER NOW button and fill in all the details. Please only click on this ONCE and wait until you recieve your order confirmation email - as pressing it multiple times may result in multiple registrations. If you are unsure if your registration has gone through - simply email me at [email protected] and I will check for you straight away 😊
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Kylie-Jo by either phone or email.