Let’s Talk Infidelity Webinar Series
The disclosure of infidelity and betrayal is among the most devastating and painful experiences that couples face. It is also one of the most challenging and complicated problems encountered in therapy. This Webinar series will examine, over six 2 hour webinars, the theory of infidelity and it’s causes, the symptoms and relational impacts of betrayal and loss of trust, models of treatment and present a range of intervention strategies for helping couples repair, rejuvenate and rebuild their relationships.
Some of the challenges encountered in treatment that will be addressed are:
· how much detail should be disclosed and why;
· how to help with shattered trust;
· dealing with hypervigilance, hyper-arousal and anxiety;
· how to develop the skill of emotional attunement and build empathy between the partners.
Objectives - Participants will:
(1) understand the theory and causes of betrayal in committed relationships;
(2) Identify key thematic considerations in understanding and treating infidelity, including pitfalls to avoid;
(3) Address the issue of confidentiality and transparency in couples therapy with clarity;
(4) Become familiar with the use of a couple’s dialogue process and empathic emotional processing techniques to facilitate the couple’s work of emotional healing;
(5) Understand the recovery model of betrayal;
(6) Gain competence in the facilitation of a range of interventions and interventional strategies to rebuild trust and commitment.
Prerequisites - Minimum Level 1 Gottman Training.
Learning Methods: Lecture, discussion, video and demonstration and roleplay.
The workshop will be facilitated by Trish Purnell-Webb, Clinical Psychologist, and John Flanagan. Mental Health Accredited Social Worker
Trish and John are both Certified Gottman Method Therapists, Master Trainers and Consultants for the Gottman Institute and also have advanced training in the delivery of Emotionally Focussed Therapy for Couples.
CPD: This training is eligible for 12 hours of CPD points and consists of six 2 hour webinars delivered weekly over 6 weeks. Each webinar builds on the previous session and must be taken as a group of 6.
Please note the webinars will be recorded so registrants can access recordings for up to 6 months afterwards.
Webinars will be delivered from 10.30am to 12.30pm on the following dates:
Webinar 1 - Friday 12 June, 2020
Webinar 2 - Friday 19 June, 2020
Webinar 3 - Friday 26 June, 2020
Webinar 4 - Friday 3 July, 2020
Webinar 5 - Friday 10 July, 2020
Webinar 6 - Friday 17 July, 2020
Participants will receive a workbook for the series in pdf form and Zoom meeting details for each webinar the day before it runs.
For more details about this series please contact Kylie-Jo on email@example.com
Please be sure to read our Cancellation Policy