Assessment, Interventions and Co-mobidities
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples! The workshop will be facilitated by Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan who are both Certified Gottman Marital Therapists, Master Trainers, and Consultants. Trish is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years experience of working with couples in a range of clinical and non-clinical settings, Trish brings a wealth of experience working with complex couples struggling with trauma, mood disorders, personality vulnerabilities, anger management issues, affair recovery and alcohol use. She is also an experienced clinical supervisor and assessor for the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority. John is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. John was the first and only Social Worker in Australia to become a Certified Gottman Therapist, Master Trainer and Consultant. John is trained to provide therapy to individuals, couples and groups in a range of therapeutic approaches and has a Masters in Gestalt Therapy. John is highly experienced in working with couples and individuals in a range of therapeutic settings particularly in the areas of trauma, trauma, stress, depression, and anxiety.
For exact dates, venues & fees - please click on a location to the right.
PLEASE NOTE: DURING 2020 all trainings outside of Queensland are being offered as online live stream trainings only.
2021 TRAININGS are being offered as live in person workshops. However, if Government regulations and/or border crossing requirements are still in force or re-introduced at any time during the year, trainings will be converted to online live stream trainings. Our normal Cancellation policy will apply. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
ALL PARTICIPANTS IN ONLINE TRAINING WILL RECEIVE PERMANENT ACCESS TO THE TRAINING VIDEOS AND A DIGITAL COPY OF THE TRAINING MANUAL VALUED AT $375 USD, AT NO EXTRA COST.
NOTE: You must have completed Gottman Level 1 Professional Training or Home Study Program before attending Level 2.
- Conditional registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Member of AASW
- Member of ACA
- Member of PACFA
- Mental Health training
- Counselling training
Professional Development & Practical Immersion:
Take part in interactive presentations.
Practice using Gottman Interventions in group role-plays; Receive personalized, supportive coaching
View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world.
Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
Engage in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Couples Therapy.
Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions.
CPD: This training is eligible for 20 hours of CPD points.
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
Workshop timings: 8.30am-4.30/5pm each day
Please be sure to read our Cancellation Policy